Get Rid of Age Spots Fast
Best Treatments for Age SpotsDark spots on face are frustrating, especially if you have more than just a few spots or your makeup does not cover them. For people who are looking at quick fix ways for removing age spots and hyper pigmentations from their face, cosmetic procedures are the best treatments that produce fast results. Following are the best 5 treatments to get rid of the age spots on your skin.
1. Cryotherapy for removing Age SpotsCryotherapy is a cosmetic treatment procedure to fade the age spots, liver spots, or solar lentigo from your face safely. Cryosurgery, also referred to as cryotherapy destroys and removes the extra pigment responsible for your discoloration and dark spots through freezing with liquid nitrogen, resulting in lighter skin as the treatment area heals. A proper diagnosis is essential before using cryotherapy to get rid of brown age spots. Generally cryosurgery is a quick procedure, with no downtime. Though, this treatment is generally effective, it does pose the risk of bleeding, blister formation, headache, hair loss, hypo pigmentation, and scarring.
2. Laser Therapy for Age Spot Removal
|photo credit: DJ SINGH via photopin cc|
3. Dermabrasion to Get Rid of Age SpotsDermabrasion is one of the best treatments for age spots or liver spots that effectively resurface the skin. Dermabrasion works by removing the outer layer of skin so that new, rejuvenated skin can grow in its place. Dermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure in which a surgeon essentially sands away the top layer of damaged skin. Dermabrasion uses a rotating wire brush to sand off skin's surface layer to give the skin a more even, lighter appearance. Dermabrasion treatment for removing sun spots carries few possible side effects or complications.
4. Chemical Peels for Age SpotsChemical peels are also considered as one of the best age spot removal treatments to fade brown age spots on your face. Skin peels can lessen the appearance of dark spots on the face that are formed as a result of exposure to the sun. Chemical peels dissolves the top layers of skin, allowing the body to form a new layer of fresher skin that has more color, smoothness, and better tone. During a chemical peel, an acid peel is applied to the patient's facial skin. When the peel is removed, it takes with it the surface layer of damaged outer skin cells, leaving behind a layer of smoother and softer skin.
5. Bleaching Creams for Age SpotsAge spots are harmless and do not need treatment, but can impact appearance. If you are bothered by brown spots and looking for products to get rid of those brown spots, there exists a wide range of topical creams for liver spots, most involving a type of bleaching agent. Bleaching creams contain hydroquinone, a skin-bleaching or skin lightening ingredient, which inhibits formation of new pigment. If your liver spots aren't too dark or large, over-the-counter skin-bleaching creams containing hydroquinone could help them fade away. While undergoing this treatment to get rid of age spots, sun protection is strongly advised.
Having spots on your face can be extremely annoying. The above top treatments for age spot removal will help you get rid of age spots fast.